A good list goes a long way and this one gives you 30 Things High Performing Salespeople Need and Want but will never actually tell you. Most executives and sales leaders have forgotten. Big Picture is nice but if your best producers get lost in a quest for the greater good, or mired in useless policies and objectives that don’t let them thrive they will produce less, grow frustrated, and leave you for another opportunity.
In a world where everyone is working on pivoting their businesses, it is important that sales leaders and senior executive time to appreciate their top-performing salespeople and their top customer’s needs.
- Endless Pipeline Reviews so you feel “good” about the company number.
- Committing Unnatural Acts for “Upside” to Help the Company Make Up for All the Schmucks that Can’t Close a Deal.
- Get Your Customer Base to Attend Webinars so marketing can keep selling webinars to vendors instead of helping you make sales.
- Being Asked to Share Wins because No One Else is Winning
- Increased Quota to Make Sure My Manager Hits Their Nut and Keeps Their Gig.
- Every CFO Thinking You are Making Too Much Money.
- Products or Services that get dreamed up, have no market demand and no customer research showing they do but you are expected to “make them happen” and push it anyway.
- Updating CRM as a CheckBox Exercise
- Adding “Customer’s” to Marketing’s Mailing List
- Being Treated Like All the Others Sales People Instead of the Snipers They Are
10 Things High Performing Salespeople Need to Stay On Top of Their Game
- Real Help Winning Complex Competitive Opportunities
- They Want Support and Coaching that helps the Achieve More
- Help Planning How to Maximize Their Compensation Plan.
- Assistance Getting into Accounts They Don’t Have or Haven’t Been Able to Breath Into
- The confidence they won’t get nickel, dimed, or robbed by the company when they find their next game changer sale.
- Approaches the Neutralize Competitive Threats
- They want to be challenged on how to grow their current book of business
- Be Pushed to Go beyond What they can do themselves
- Ideas, skills, and attitude that makes them better every day, every month and Quarter.
- Ability to Focus on the Things that Matter
10 Secrets Top Sales Performers Will Never Tell You
- They know when they aren’t going to earn because of “changes” and they will move on
- When they stop telling you what’s not working they are no longer all in.
- You celebrating the average performance of others devalues their contributions.
- That They are being recruited by customers, competitors, and suppliers every day, week, month and quarter.
- They will never share what is going on in their personal lives. For low performers, it’s their excuse.
- You’ll never see all their cards. Their “IP” is their customers and relationships.
- That they are struggling and need help
- That they are dissatisfied with their manager.
- Their Book of Business, Approach, and Needs Really are Different.
- That They Have to Invest In Themselves Because You’re Not